How will you promote your website to help potential customers find it?
Site promotion is an integral part of website development. The structure of your site and how keywords are used in your content will determine how people find your site using search engines.
Make sure that the web designer you hire knows how to optimize your site for search engines. In the past some web designers have paid more attention to how a website looked than to how it performed for the owner and site visitors.
Marketing your website is not unlike marketing your small business. It’s important to understand your customer, your strategic advantage and your competition.
Here are some ideas to help you with your research:
- Study the websites of your competition.
- What do you like and dislike about their websites?
- How does your company differ from theirs? (Does your business have a unique selling proposition (USP)?
- What focus will your small business website portray that is different from the other options out there?
- How will you make your website useful to your site visitors?
- To learn more about marketing your website, read 10 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Website without Spending a Dime.
Once you have completed your brainstorming, capture your ideas to present to the web designers you consider. It will be easier for them to give you a good estimate if you know what you want.
Tomorrow, we’ll talk about what skills to look for in a web designer to ensure the success of your website.