If you are a beginning marketer on the Internet you may want to start with affiliate marketing. And if you really are a newbie, you may be wondering just what is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is promoting or selling the products of others for a commission. Your business advertises and sells for other companies. It is one of the fastest growing businesses in the Net. It’s a low cost business to start and it’s the perfect business to run from your home.
To succeed in affiliate marketing, you need the following:
- A professional looking website with great information to attract and benefit your target audience or niche. In addition to useful articles, your website might include a blog, product reviews and videos or podcasts designed to help your audience do things.
- Products to promote to your niche that they are interested in buying. You can promote affiliate products exclusively or blend your own products. The products can range from digital ebooks and special reports to audios, videos, webcasts and full-blown courses. You can find good digital products to promote at Clickbank.
- You also might choose to promote a physical product – which essentially means you can sell anything. You will need to establish an account at one of the affiliate networks that list physical products, such as Commission Junction.
- A list of prospects within your niche. Building a list is a major topic all of its own and perhaps the most important part of succeeding as an affiliate marketer. You can learn more about list building at http://incomeonautopilotnow.com.
- An autoresponder system such as Aweber.com. This is important because not everyone who visits your website where you market affiliate programs will purchase right away. An auto responder helps you follow up with these people, and will keep on reminding them about your website and invite them to visit your site. You can use an e-course or an e-zine with interesting tips that will make your prospects want to visit your website again. By doing this you are increasing the chances of generating a sale from most people who visit your site
- An optin page, often called a “squeeze page” because it’s only purpose is to get people to join your list. Your squeeze page links to your list housed at your autoresponder, which lets you automate your follow-up process.
- Web traffic which you acquire through dozens of free methods such as article marketing, posting videos on YouTube and social marketing, or paid traffic using pay per click ads or ezine advertising. Increasingly people are generating traffic to their blogs or websites using social media such as Twitter, Facebook Fan pages or other promotional tools. All of these strategies generate backlinks to your site from high-ranking, high-traffic websites. We’ll talk more about ways to generate web traffic in future blog posts.
To succeed as an affiliate marketer, you need to become adept at advertising and promotion. It helps to have strong skills as a copywriter. You will also need to be good with math to be able to track your campaigns, so you know which strategies are making you money.
Many information marketers say it is easy to make a lot of money in affiliate marketing. But take it from me, it is as not as easy as they say it is. The more prepared you are the better.
To learn more about affiliate marketing, grab a copy of Rosalind Gardner’s Super Affiliate Handbook. Rosalind has made a lot of money as a super affiliate so her secrets are priceless.
Here’s the link to Ros Gardner’s site again: Super Affiliate Handbook.